PDI 2013, the premier training event hosted by the American Society of Military Comptrollers, has been canceled.
From the ASMC Executive Director:
As you know, due to the sequester of federal appropriations, I previously announced that the American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) will not be conducting the National Professional Development Institute (PDI) at the end of May, but that we were in discussions with the Colorado Convention Center and Denver hotels to postpone it to the August timeframe. While postponement could have provided the opportunity for some resolution of sequestration, enabling funding of financial management training considered valuable, at this point there is no expectation that government action to fund only “mission-critical” training will change.
Therefore, the ASMC the 2013 ASMC National PDI is all together canceled. In fairness to the Colorado Convention Center and the Denver hotels, we cannot wait any longer for indications that the circumstances surrounding the current fiscal environment will change positively to permit us to proceed with the PDI.
I appreciate all of your daily efforts in contributing to the effectiveness of defense financial management and I know that prior to sequestration, many of you were looking forward to participation in the ASMC National PDI. The ASMC staff and the National Executive Council are considering development of additional training and professional development opportunities for the near-term benefit of our membership.
For those of you, especially Certified Defense Financial Managers, who were planning to obtain up to 21 continuing professional education (CPE) credits through participation in the 2013 National PDI, I encourage you to take advantage of other opportunities to fulfill your required CDFM CPEs. These offerings include local ASMC chapter training events and programs offered through the Online Learning Center, such as the recent Sequestration webinar, PDI 2011 and PDI 2012 recorded sessions, and Armed Forces Comptroller journal articles.
Lastly, I want to ensure you are aware of our upcoming audio education series beginning with a “Discussion of the FY2014 DoD Budget” by Mr. John Roth on April 25 and “Congress and the Defense Budget: The Congressional Review Process” by Mr. Bob Shue on May 15. Registration for these audio education sessions is available at http://www.asmconline.org/educationtraining/audio-conferences/.
Al Runnels, ASMC Executive Director
Following are documents the Army and the Air Force have published, providing guidance on funding priorities considering the current fiscal uncertainty.
- Air Force Memorandum on FY13 Near-Term Actions to Mitigate Sequestration Impacts
- Army Memorandum on Risk Mitigation in the Face of Fiscal Uncertainty
- Navy Memo – Direction Regarding the CR and Sequestration
Are you looking to exhibit or sponsor at PDI 2013? Please contact PDI Exhibits to sign up for email updates on registration.
PDI 2012 Information
- Photos from the week are posted on the ASMC Facebook Page.
- Slides that have been made available to ASMC are on the program page of the PDI 2012 website.
- To reprint your receipt, please log in to your registration account at https://secure2.rhq.com/asmc/pdi12/attupdate/index.cgi
- Didn't attend PDI 2012 in Anaheim on May 30 – June 1 or want to learn from breakout sessions you could not attend? More information is available at the https://secure2.rhq.com/asmc/pdi12/attupdate/index.cgi.